AutoFill in Visual C++?

Started by
4 comments, last by DarkZeratul 21 years, 5 months ago
How come the autofill thingie (You know... when you input a function''s name, it tells you the parameter. And if you input a class, it tells you all the methods/variables) for directx 8.1 doesn''t work in Visual C++? It works with stardard windows'' function, and I remember I got it to work with directx 7. Does anyone know how to turn on the autofill?
Advertisement
Dark , i have the absolute solution for you , VisualAssist . This is a plug in that has much more intellisense features than you would expect . It''s not free , but you can try it . This is what i use and it is absolutelly worth teh 30 $ it costs
-Da Mr.RaSt3RiZah-
Thanks I will download the demo But there''s no way to fix the autofill without addon?
Hmm works for me.. Using .NET.

Sometimes it's not functional though. Weird.

[edit] Hmm this is indeed very strange. "Autofill" does not work with the D3DX functions! i.e. D3DXMatrixMultiply(). But them standard DX functions work well. i.e. device->SetTransform(). [/edit]

/Sandman

[edited by - Saandman on November 2, 2002 11:16:01 AM]
________________________________pro.gram.mer - an organism that turns caffeine into code
Apparently intellisense is horribly broken in vs6.0. You need to either get that whole tomato software or upgrade to the next version of vs (.Net, version 7) to get everything to work good. Intellisense is SO much better in version 7!

¬_¬
There is a ''hacked'' way of doing this to some degree... I have only tried this with VC6.

Simply open your project in Visual Studio and add all the D3D/DInput (or whatever you require) header files to your project. Rebuild the project. Then - hopefully - you will find you have autocomplete for the various DirectX functions calls, etc. You can then delete these files that you added to your project and find that autocomplete still works... but don''t blame me if it doesn''t!!!

Regards,
Sharky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement