• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C And OpenGL.

This topic is 5680 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
C and C++ are very similar, C++ is pretty much C with some other stuff. I would say go with the C++ I find it easier to use... and DX vs OpenGL is just a matter of preference

Overall, C++ is about 60% more complex than C. This isn''t a bad thing, it''s just that C++ has a lot of complex features. Generally, though, using it as a better C -- taking advantage of C++ features like overloading, typesafety, STL, etc. -- is a lot easier than straight C.

OpenGL is written for C. Since C++ is almost 100% backwards compatible with C, this is no problem. You can learn either one for OpenGL (although I would reccommend C++, personally). However, I''ve heard you have to jump through some hoops to get DX to work under C.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!