Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WalkerGann

getting started update

first off thanks to those whove posted help so far. ive downloaded several books on c++ the one im studying atm is called "Who''s afraid of c++?". i also downloaded a couple books on java i read somwhere that u might wanna get familiar with java to though u wont use it much. ive got the ball rolling on a game design and development associates of science degree at full sail in fl. around the clock classes and 30-50 hours of outta school work looks like im going to be busy if things come through. i have those books noted though cant buy them right now, where would i get a compiler? one of u said i might just go for a programming degree, i may do that but first id like to get the game dev. course under my belt. making games especially rpgs is my dream. the only downside to me is i cant get a bachelors id like to have one. anyway thanks again all info is appreciated. jason

You could take a look at www.bloodshed.net. Go to the download page and download Dev-C++. This is a freeware compiler and is the best free one out there. You could buy a programming book where they have Visual C++ 6 learning edition included. Other then that, I have no idea.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site