Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TridDiute

VC++6 dont show member methods

the problem is that vc++6 dont show member var''s | methods. like :

class CMy
{
    public:
        void DoThis();

};

and when i edit the cpp file for this class:

void CMy::DoThis()
{
    this->

}

nothing shows up ... my progject is prettysmall ~10files or so. And i hate switching between diffrent h files just to see what var name and methods are. and this is just for all my class''s/structs my functions parmetrs shows up .. but not methods/vars anybody got a idea ?

Oh... is that what gay people do? I'd always thought it was something totally different, but now I know! I guess now I understand why so many people don't seem to like 'em.

Note to self: Gay people screw with Microsoft's Intellisense.

[edited by - Melraidin on November 2, 2002 5:36:49 PM]

I have a project I've been working on for years, and sometimes the autocomplete brings up variables that were changed at the very beginning! Myself, I can't get over it, but I'll have to live with it.

If your project never-ever shows them, a part may be turned off in the options. Go to Tools -> Options -> Editor -> Check out the 4 options at the bottom.

Also, I've noticed mine won't show up when I have a lot of things running at once, so memory may be some issue, or perhaps just that some windows won't cooperate with the little popup it uses, not sure

[edited by - Jiia on November 2, 2002 7:44:32 PM]

quote:
Original post by GoofProg
Remember beyond all the jazz... it''s just a compiler.

Um, no. It''s an IDE. Do you really not understand the difference?

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

quote:
Original post by Jiia
I have a project I''ve been working on for years, and sometimes the autocomplete brings up variables that were changed at the very beginning! Myself, I can''t get over it, but I''ll have to live with it.

Try deleting all the project files. I believe you only have to delete the .ncb file, but I just do them all.

Mike

"The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else." - Frederick Bastiat, The Law

quote:
Original post by Bas Paap
All the bells and whistles are what makes it a better program to use. If we never added any bells and whistles to anything, we''d still be using walrus teeth to carve into blocks of ice.

True. I much prefer my whistle-and-bell-encrusted walrus tooth, with which I can make ice carvings while performing a very creditable rendition of "Jingle Bells".

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

Also, if you are using other SDKs and things, and you want autocomplete to work for them, you have to insert their include files into your workspace as well. This doesn''t really apply to your situation, but it''s another VC++ problem to note.