• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VC++6 dont show member methods

This topic is 5650 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

the problem is that vc++6 dont show member var''s | methods. like :

class CMy
{
    public:
        void DoThis();

};

and when i edit the cpp file for this class:

void CMy::DoThis()
{
    this->

}

nothing shows up ... my progject is prettysmall ~10files or so. And i hate switching between diffrent h files just to see what var name and methods are. and this is just for all my class''s/structs my functions parmetrs shows up .. but not methods/vars anybody got a idea ?

Advertisement
Sometimes MSVC is gay and decides not to display the autocomplete box for you.

Whenever this happens, I close and reopen my workspace, and I get it back.

Oh... is that what gay people do? I'd always thought it was something totally different, but now I know! I guess now I understand why so many people don't seem to like 'em.

Note to self: Gay people screw with Microsoft's Intellisense.

[edited by - Melraidin on November 2, 2002 5:36:49 PM]

I have a project I've been working on for years, and sometimes the autocomplete brings up variables that were changed at the very beginning! Myself, I can't get over it, but I'll have to live with it.

If your project never-ever shows them, a part may be turned off in the options. Go to Tools -> Options -> Editor -> Check out the 4 options at the bottom.

Also, I've noticed mine won't show up when I have a lot of things running at once, so memory may be some issue, or perhaps just that some windows won't cooperate with the little popup it uses, not sure

[edited by - Jiia on November 2, 2002 7:44:32 PM]

quote:
Original post by GoofProg
Remember beyond all the jazz... it''s just a compiler.

Um, no. It''s an IDE. Do you really not understand the difference?

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

quote:
Original post by Jiia
I have a project I''ve been working on for years, and sometimes the autocomplete brings up variables that were changed at the very beginning! Myself, I can''t get over it, but I''ll have to live with it.

Try deleting all the project files. I believe you only have to delete the .ncb file, but I just do them all.

Mike

"The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else." - Frederick Bastiat, The Law

• Advertisement