How do you start...

Started by
2 comments, last by clrscr 21 years, 5 months ago
I want to start makeing my first 3D engine, and I''m wondering what do/did you start working on first? I''m not intending to make the next Doom III or anything I just want to do it for the learning. ----------------------------- Its not knowing the path but walking it.
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
Advertisement
You start here.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Thats not what I ment, I know what I need to know, I was wondering what you started with i.e Did you start with the windows code, rendering code, math code, or some other approach

-----------------------------
Its not knowing the path but walking it.
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
I personally started with the windows code, then moved on to the resource-management code. But the REAL place that every successful project starts is with the design. Once you have the design of your entire program laid out, it doesn''t matter what order you code the program in.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement