I can't use "GLUT.h" header file with visual studio .net~!!

Started by
11 comments, last by choesh 21 years, 5 months ago
I can''t use "GLUT.h" header file with visual studio .net~!! Please help~!! This is very frustratin''~!! I don''t know how to link them~!! The GUI is so different from VC++ 6.0. I tried the #progma to link the library, and others , but It does not work... -_-;; I even tried, "You can also right-click the project name in solution explorer, then go to Properties... Click the Linker folder on the left hand side, and go to the Input tab in that folder. You can add your libraries to link with under "Additional Dependencies"" Please help~!!!!!!!! choesh
choesh
Advertisement
you can''t link headers~!!
The GUI isn''t all that different. The only thing that confounded me was their move of Project->Settings to the Options dialog.

Anyway, have you tried #include for "linking" header files? That is the normal way in VC6, neh?

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

ok...

I just did, ..
#include <gl/glut.h>

and in order to use the glut.h header file, I have to put the glut.dll and glut.lib files on the window''s system and system32
folders.... which I did~!!! and I get this error

The actual code is :

#include <gl/glut.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void display(void)
{
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);

glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);

glBegin(GL_POLYGON);
glVertex3f(0.25, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f(0.75, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f(0.75, 0.75, 0.0);
glVertex3f(0.25, 0.75, 0.0);
glEnd();

glFlush();
}

void init(void)
{
glClearColor(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0);
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();
glOrtho(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0);
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowSize(250,250);
glutInitWindowPosition(100,100);
glutCreateWindow("hello");
init();
glutDisplayFunc(display);
glutMainLoop();
return 0;
}

and error :
"tutorial1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function _WinMainCRTStartup"

HELP~!!!!!

choesh
choesh
and this is in VISUAL STUDIO .NET

choesh
choesh
two things:

1. Is your project a console application or win32 application? Sounds to me like you made it a windows application, and this would be wrong, with glut you make a console application.

2. shouldn''t your .lib file go into visual studio/vc98/lib folder?
Well, I think choesh is right. When staring Win32 project, the compiler looks for WinMain(..), not main().
umm...no..with glut you don''t have winmain...you''re main function should look like this:

int main(int argc, char **argv){     glutInit(&argc, argv);     glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE|GLUT_RGB);     glutCreateWindow("Window");     glutFullScreen();     Init();     glutMainLoop();}  

with glut it looks for main, that''s why you have a console application and not a win32 app. At least with old visual c++. I use glut all the time
Make sure you got a (win32-)CONSOLE application and not a window application.
In the settings of your project there should be something defined like _CONSOLE

3D as never seen before.. that is... it is still not to be seen ;-)
3D as never seen before.. that is... it is still not to be seen ;-)
Thank you all for responding my question.~!!!! I will try to use the console and see if it fixes..

again, thank you very much~!! This will save a lot of time~!!

choesh,

choesh
choesh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement