So I get C/C++ and I know what my target is...how about some software.

Started by
1 comment, last by echaelon_04 21 years, 5 months ago
After reading your articles for beginners along with some other reference material, I have discovered knowledge in 2 areas: what C/C++ language is and what kind of games I''m shooting for as a beginner. But how about some software? The articles say nothing about any software I should download. Does anyone have any (inexpensive) recommendations for software (prefferably a download) that might fit me. Are you for real?
Are you for real?
Advertisement
For compilers, and/or an IDE (integrated development environemnt), one of these should get you started.

I would suspect that most who code on and target MS Windows platforms eventually take a look at (at least) MS Visual C++ as well.
I believe there''s a "Game dev on the cheap" article somewhere in the reference section. It points you to some free software that you can use - stuff that''s not as good as commercial stuff, but when all you''ve got is a bit of string and a paperclip, ''free'' is all-important...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement