Problem with Bloodshed

Started by
6 comments, last by Noxxid 21 years, 5 months ago
I''m using Bloodshed as my compiler and when I enter this code... //Graphics Test #include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> #include "graphics.h" int main() { lineto(100,100); getch(); return 0; } it keeps giving me these errors: [Warning] In function "int main()": implicit declaration of function ''int lineto(...)'' Can anyone tell me how to correct this?
"Classes will dull your mind destroy the potential for authentic creativity"
Advertisement
I had a problem with Bloodshed as well. The best idea (in my opinion) would be for you to use Visual C++ .net.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The weather is cool, and there are grey clouds covering the sky. Or at least I wish the weather was like that.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The weather is cool, and there are grey clouds covering the sky. Or at least I wish the weather was like that.
Is that all the code you are trying to compile? If so, that error seems to me like you don''t have lineto(100,100) declared. I know in C you need to have a function prototype. Basically copy: int lineto(arg1, arg1) :something like that if your returning an int, or void if nothing is being returned.
Yeah, what is this ''lineto'' function it''s telling you about?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Dev-C++ isn''t the same as Borland.

You might have better luck using DirectX, OpenGL, Allegro, etc, to draw lines.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
if lineto isnt your own function, you need tto include the header that did declare the function.
he cant find the function lineto() now.
The header iostream.h is deprecated, use iostream. The header conio.h is non-standard, its contents aren''t going to be or do the same thing between implementations. The header graphics.h I assume is from BGI, which is non-standard and only old Borland compilers supported. Even if you were using an old Borland compiler that did have BGI, that code wouldn''t work because you never setup BGI (with initgraph, I think?).

If
Lineto(100,100);
is a function that you have made yourself,
then you need to include the following to tell the compiler it exists(put it b4 int main()):

Lineto(*)

*insert the parameters you want to define at the time the function is called here.
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement