Next contest thread

Started by
45 comments, last by lc_overlord 19 years, 11 months ago
hi, i just browsed through this thread and theres one idea that keeps me alive all the night.
What about this:
NeHe 2 Coders: A Small Data set (a small simple 3d model, some small textures, just everything small so modem users can participate)

Coders 2 NeHe: a Demo which uses ALL of the data.

I think it would be nice to see, what people use the data for.
Texture = Heightmap ?
Think of it.
I think its a good idea because it''s not only Code and Power which defines the entry but creativity.

well.. just my thoughts.
stryx
Anything that requires finding convex hulls in realtime isstarting to sound like a bad idea. -- John Carmack
Advertisement
quote:Original post by lc_overlord
Ok i thought it was about time to post this since NeHe asked for ideas for the next contest.
I got two ideas

1. Xmas card - Your best computerized crismas eye candy.
2. Matrix 2&3 - just got to love em.

Using #2 as an idea. How about a fighting demo? A demo based on the Kung Fu scene from "The Matrix I" with Morphious and Neo.

Think of the skills needed to acquire a demo like this. Character animation / modeling and/or collision code.

Think of the entertainment value.
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
this looks like a nice theme for me, but don''t you think that this is a little bit too hard ?
I mean, this would consume time at gigantic levels
(modeling, animation) and don''t forget the filesize.

and what should be the difference of the demos ?
imagine 30 entry to this thing.
30 fightscenes.. ?
Maybe "The Matrix" would be a better theme but i think that would cause 1 Million GreenFlowScreens to enter the contest.

but generally i like the idea.
maybe we can do a multi-theme-demo-compo.
Something like 3 themes ?

cya, stryx
Anything that requires finding convex hulls in realtime isstarting to sound like a bad idea. -- John Carmack
Optional scenes for the demo for different programming levels.

1) The jump scene.

2) Neo vs Morphious

3) Neo vs the French dudes posey.

4) Morphious, Trinity vs the Twins.

5) Neo vs 1000 Smiths in the Park Scene.
I can imagine that some people wouldn''t want to "just make and animate 3d models".

But maybe that''s because personally I like being creative more than being productive.

---
If nothing works the way it should ... maybe you need a break!?
Get cracking and double-check the switch statements!!
Tolop|Andyart.de
Writing errors since 10/25/2003 2:25:56 AM
How bout this:

Program yourself as the main character in a movie of your choice, in the scene of your choice.

How about recreate the matrix where NEO actually makes it across the first jump scene. And Cipher actually becomes "The One". And Trinity ends up falling in love with Cipher.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement