FPS check in my game

Started by
21 comments, last by skow 21 years, 5 months ago
Hey if any one has somespare time could they download my 3d pong game and tell me how many FPS they are gettting by running the 800 and 1024 exe''s. Must unzip first. Please run in full screen and tell me the lowist FPS you get while the ball&camera is still in the playing area.(FPS drop once the camera exits the area) Please tell me the FPS aswell as your CPU and vid card. I wana know what systems can run this game and keep a 40+ FPS. And to play player one uses the numpad and player two uses the arrows. Thanks www.rmrp.com/skow/pong.zip
Advertisement
My computer : CPU 500 MHz , Video Cart TNT 16 megs

And the framrate i get is ....... 1 frame per second in both programs
My system: P4 2.2GHz @ 2.6GHz / GF4600 Ultra deluxe yadayada 128MB

I get max FPS (60) in both programs. I like your idea Very neat.

/Sandman
________________________________pro.gram.mer - an organism that turns caffeine into code
800 50-70fps
1024 37-38fps

I have a athlon 1800+ and a geforce2mx.

I like the idea, allthough a little hard to hit the ball.
250 at 800x600 / 170 at 1024x768
athlon 2000+ and ti4200

Luigi Pino
The 23rd Dimension
ohhh, very nice :D! I got 61 fps right accross the board (don''t know how that happened) on these specs:
Geforce 3 64 ti500
1.4 gHz
256 mb Ram
For some reason I''m getting a very slow frame rate.

For the 800 about 2 FPS.
For the 1024 it fluxuates between 1 and 2.

I have a 64MB GeForce4, on a WinXP, P4 2GHZ. I think given this my frame rate should be much higher.

What is your render loop doing?

The game has a nice look to it, but with the slow frame rate it''s hard to get a full sense of things.
ouch the geforce 4 should be getting much higher...nothings too complicated other than just belending...That is very odd, if anny one knows why please let me know.

For those of you who are get 60 across both im willing to bet your vsync is on (properies->settings->advaced->geforce tab-> aditional properies ->opengl tab..then change vsync to off

Thanks for the info soo far..helping alot
FPS: 1
Speed: 433 Mhz
Vid Card: Some obselete Intel 3D Card

Your game looks like it could be good....However, with all the camera effects combined with my fps made it impossible for me to tell what was going on although the frames I saw looked nice. I think you have to be doing something odd in your rendering loop for my fps to be that low (I would have expected maybe 10-15fps) despite my system.

And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes...

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Yeah i was exspecting it to run poorly on old 3d cards..there is alot of blending involved so they cant handel it well,

I may make it so you can turn blending off as an option, I was hoping it would be running decent with voodoo''s or TNT''s

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement