Dot Net anyone?

Started by
1 comment, last by Harry Hunt 21 years, 5 months ago
Do I need Delphi 7? I''m thinking about updating... well I do know what dot NET is, but I don''t really like it and can''t think of any situation where I would use it. Also I refuse to sign-up for a dot NET passport. So does Delphi 7 have any other benefits that make it worth spending a lot of money? (I need the Enterprise Edition which is so friggin expensive and yet so far has been worth every penny...probably). Don''t say it has all the JEDI stuff implemented... I got that, too. Don''t need to buy Delphi for that. Thanks!
Advertisement
There''s no point in getting Delphi 7 for .NET capabilities ''cos it ain''t got none. All it has is a ".NET preview" which is actually just a command line app for compiling Delphi code into a .NET application. You have to enter all the switches, etc. manually, and then if there''s an error go back, correct it an recompile; plus the libraries are incomplete and there is no support for the VCL so you are limited in what you can create.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
lame

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement