[java] Java vs C benchmarks

Started by
10 comments, last by Viro 21 years, 5 months ago
I''ve put up a copy of the executables compiled with Visual Studio .NET. The command-line I used to compile them was:

cl.exe /Ox /G6 /Fefft.exe fft.c (etc)

and you get download them here: http://www.codeka.com/tmp/vsNETExes.zip

I''m running the tests myself as I type this, but since I''ve got a dual Athlon 1800MP, it''d probably be better if you did it yourself, Viro (assuming you''ve got a Windows machine). I''ll post my results as soon as they''re done. I''ll also get a copy of the cygwin compiler so I can compare with GCC, but that''ll have to wait until later...

There''s another test I''d be interested in running, and that''s a multi-threaded one. I might also port the tests to C# and see how that compares.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.
Advertisement
Here''s my results: results.gif.

There''s a few things to note about this. The most obvious is that fib.c didn''t seem to work properly with Visual C++.NET and I got really weird results...

All the other tests had VC++.NET performing similarly to GCC did in Viro''s tests, except my Life under heavy load had VC++.NET keeping up with the Server VM a lot better. In the light load one, the Server VM did a lot better than in Viro''s tests, and I''m not really sure why that is...

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement