• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antony52

Level Designers vs. Programmers.

This topic is 5825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Do you believe that level designer that now scripting languages have a better chance on finding work than programmers or do both have the same chance?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Who''d win in a fight?

i think the programmer will win the fight because he has the ability to perfrom those super moves dealing super damage!

KO! You Win! Perfect!

Time 8900
Life 30000
Total 38900

My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."

Guest Anonymous Poster
Designers get more credit than they deserve, programmers have to deal with all the dirty work.

Yes maybe so. But for Carmack you cannot say so, I think, that he earn more mony then anybody in ID sowtware. It is true that programrs have more difficult job to do, but it is what it is.

Game cannot be developed without programers or without designers. Both are bloddy needed for game.

In my case the edge goes to the level designer because he''s mastered the chokeslam and i only know the evenflow ddt.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Who''d win in a fight?

ROTFL

They are two completely different areas.

Programmers - excels at logical thinking, efficiency, etc. Usually little artistic creativity and/or artistic skill. Hence the term "programmer art." We build the engine, they do the rest.

Designers - very creative and artistic. Good at story writing, graphics, and balance. Takes creativity to pull off, but they usually don''t have much logical/math skill.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
[quote]Original post by Anonymous Poster
Who''d win in a fight?

ROTFL

Sometimes clients ask, for example before a website project, how much will a website cost me. I''ll answer: about as much as a car.
Same principle

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!