Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

widjaya

Winform VS Win32

Please enlightened this newbie... What is the difference between win32 and winform? Which one better for building applications? Which one better for game development? Thx =) [edited by - widjaya on November 4, 2002 12:38:09 PM]

WinForms is the new .Net RAD UI.

It is largely orothogonal from the core game development - though you could use .Net for tools if you were so inclined.

If you don''t use a platform independant framework (e.g. SDL), then Win32 is essential for targeting Windows.

When Dx9 is released, .Net will be potentially viable for game development, though I personally do not anticipate the wide spread use of .Net in this industry. Perhaps slightly more than VB6.

Hey, I''ve made a few small games with Win Forms myself.. They work just as well as any other game I would make with Win32..maybe better. After I got the basic .NET syntax down, the only thing I''ve had trouble with was messing with DirectX Interop... most of it is pretty straighforward, but there are a few things that take a little elbow grease to get working, but this should be solved with DirectX 9...

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.