OpenGl N00b

Started by
2 comments, last by Ishamael02 21 years, 5 months ago
I have afair knowldege of c++ and i decided to start l;earning OpenGl. I tried the NeHe sit but my compiler wouldn''t let me compile his first tutorial. I tot and error "Game Directory: C:\WINDOWS\..." [Build Error][Makefile.o] and it wouldn''t let me compile so i am looking for a new set of tutorials even though i really wanted to use the other site. If you can suggest any plz drop a line
Ishamael02Betrayer of HopeEldar_magePeter B
Advertisement
Not bunking anyone elses tutorials but for beginners Nehe''s are likely to be some of the best you are going to find.

As for that error, are you sure you have all the gl llibrary files on your computer in the right place for your compiler?

There should be 3 .lib files, 3 .dll files and 3 .h files if you are using glut. The .dll files are generally in your windows/system directory. Possibly system32? directory if you are using Windows NT. The .lib files are typically put in your /lib directory of your compiler and the .h files are generally in your include directory of your compiler. The .lib and .h files can go anywhere as long as you set your compiler up correctly to find them.

All but three of these files are installed with Windows I believe. The only 3 you will have to download are glut.h, glut.lib and glut.dll

Would help to know what compiler you are using and on what type of system. Hope this info helps.

Webby
You can check out my OpenGL tutorials at www.thepixels.net Just click the [01] icon and find the first 2 OpenGL tutorials. They''re quite lengthy but they explain everything you''d need. Also source for the base code included in 2nd tutorial. Tutorial 0 just explains 3D basics. Hope this helps.

Greg
Greg Damon
What compiler do you use?
I am using DevC++ (it is an IDE), and I have no problems whatsoever. Besides, it''s free too.
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement