2 questions

Started by
1 comment, last by Milos 21 years, 5 months ago
1. I''m having vertex of this type: D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_TEX1 | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE I render a texture on it, and alpha value is modulated. If I set diffuse color to 0xFF000000 then the texture is 0% transparent, but by setting it to 0x00000000 I don''t get 100% transparency although that was the effect I was hoping to achienve. (I wanted to be able to set change transparency level at any time) What can I do about this? 2. How can I do orthogonal projection (specifying points in screen space and not camera space) ? Is the RHW only way to do so? I want to avoid using transformed vertices because I want these vertices to be able to move around by applying a translation matrix and not per frame locking. Thanks guys. -Milos
-Milos
Advertisement
Try using 0xffffffff and 0x00ffffffff. The numbers you were using would take all the color out of the texture.

Try D3DXMatrixOrtho functions.
__________________________________________________________America seems to like crap because its what we make popular. - Goober King
THank you Naaga, I dont remember well right now, I may used ff-s insead of 00-s. I have it working but what was supposed to have low alpha does not. I can''t make it below some 50% or something like that. I''m wondering what is the correct way of doing this.

-Milos
-Milos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement