Problem with using C++ MFC dialogue boxes

Started by
0 comments, last by Apocalypse_Demon 21 years, 5 months ago
Okay, I'm pretty familiar with programming C++ and outputting through a dos window, so I decided to look at the dialogue box part of VC++. Well, I thought the form layout would be as easy to work with as Visual Basic, but I guess I was wrong... Anyways, I referred to the Visual C++ for Dummies Reference book on how to do this. The problem is, when they tell you to add a class to a dialog box, they say 'use the ClassWizard, select Adding a Class and under that, choose New Class'. Then they tell me to add a name to it, and then they say 'you will notice that the wizard has filled in the baseclass and resource ID for you'. The problem is, it doesn't fill in the resource ID automatically on it, and when I click the dropdown menu to choose one, there isn't anything to choose from(and I can't type it in). So I'm not really sure what to do with this resourceID problem, since just not adding a resource ID gives me an error. Any help is appreciated. [edited by - Apocalypse_Demon on November 4, 2002 7:43:11 PM]
Advertisement
The way I got it to fill in the resource ID is by going to Insert, Resource...
Then pick your resource, such as Dialog. It will put in your resource ID by itself. You won''t see it happen. But doing it this way, you''ll have to
#include "resource.h"
in each file that uses that class.
Does that answer your question?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement