Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ninj4D4n

Simple Puzzle Game

Hi, I''m trying to make a simple puzzle game where a player completes a level/puzzle, then another one is loaded upon completion. I''m going to have a file for each level specifing the information of the level (setup, start point, etc...). So i was wondering what the best way to do this is, should i have a file that contains the inorder list of the levels, and during intialization read that list into an array?? or should i only read the first level''s file name, then after that is completed, read the next?? or should i hard code the first level''s name, and the first level data should contain the name of the next level?? ==If anyone could point me to a tutorial of a simple game i would greatly appreciate it, all i can find are tutorials on how to make a scene with user interaction, nothing that takes it to the level of being a game Thanks in advance for any help i get --Ninj4D4n

Why are you worrying about details that don''t matter yet?

You''re obviously doing this as a hobby - experiment! That''s 95% of the fun.

The knowledge you''ll gain from trying various ways to load a level will help you make better, more informed choices down the road.

-scott