• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_C_Guy

Isometric art

This topic is 6930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just completed work on an isometric engine. Now I need tiles. I tried several art programs like Paint Shop Pro 6 but I just can''t get it to look good. Does anyone out there know where I can find prefabricated isometric tiles?

Advertisement
It might be worthwhile investing in Adobe Photoshop 5.0 - It beats PSP. As for prefabricated tiles, sorry, I''ve got no idea.

You''re not right about Paint Shop Pro 6.You can do a great job by using the right plugins.When you say isometric tiles i believe you mean ground and fringe tiles.Well i highly recommend you to use the BladePro plugin which is the best for this job.You can have realistic ground tiles in a few seconds!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey, i''m also working on a isometric engine, where can i download the BladePro plugin?

OverSoft Guy
Laurens Leemans
OverSoft@Chello.nl
http://oversoft.8m.com

To the anonymous poster.
You can find the BladePro plugin at the address below.

http://www.flamingpear.com/blade.html

Buster,

Cool man, I''m gonna steal some from them also, hahaha. By the way, is there any I can get from the Net?

I also use isotiles in my game, and what I did was create an auto-rotator within my map editor. So I just design a normal tile in whatever art program suits me (Photoshop''s good, mostly) and then rotate it inside my editor. It works GREAT and I don''t have to bother with drawing isotiles. That''s what I''d recommend.

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

I'm not much of an artist... The way I do is described below:

1] Create your texture in a 200x200 pixel area
2] Make a stencil of your tile (what I mean is instead of have the tile itself take the remaining "piece of paper" from where you cut the iso-tile out"
3] Make a copy of your 200x200 pixel area (step 4 will destroy the original)
4] Stamp down your stencil and then "background fill" the stencil.

You now have an iso-tile...
repeat the steps again and move your stencil over the original. Say you are creating grass tiles and you want a variety of tiles you could pick up 4 or 6 "connecting" tiles

Have fun

David "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Edited by - Dak Lozar on 4/26/00 11:48:12 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!