CDS_FULLSCREEN

Started by
15 comments, last by sab3156 21 years, 5 months ago
I get an error for the following code: _________________________________________________________________ if(ChangeDisplaySettings(&dmScreenSettings, CDS_FULLSCREEN)!= DISP_CHAN_SUCCESSFUL) { //Setting display mode failed. MessageBox(NULL, "Display mode failed!", NULL, MB_OK); fullscreen=FALSE; } //End of if(). _________________________________________________________________ it says that CDS_FULLSCREEN is undeclared! i am so confused. i can''t even get my FIRST application to run! somebody please help.
Air-Conditioners are like computers. They stop working when you open windows.
Advertisement
just put

#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4

at the top of your code and everything should work fine
Have you included all the required header files?

#include <windows.h>
#include <gl\gl.h>
#include <gl\glu.h>
#include <gl\glaux.h>

Its one of these bad boys..
You need to upgrade your MinGW32 headers, since you''re using very old headers that had CDS_FULLSCREEN missing. The headers can be found at mingw.sourceforge.net. Or, if you just want to halfway fix the problem, listen to Monder (although I''d brace it in a check to make sure CDS_FULLSCREEN isn''t already defined).

Thanks guys! that worked PERFECTLY! but now i have a bigger problem...

When i try to compile, it doesn''t have errors or anything, but i get this:

c:\csi\projects\game\maingame.cpp:285: warning: converting NULL to non-pointer type
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0xf):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x1f):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glClearColor@16''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x2c):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glClear@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x34):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x39):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glFlush@0''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x47):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x67):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x84):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x11b):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `wglCreateContext@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x139):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x15c):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x16d):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `wglDeleteContext@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x1bd):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glViewport@16''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x1ca):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x1d2):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x204):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x211):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccFOVhgb.o(.text+0x219):maingame.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''

what am i supposed to do NOW?
You have to link OpenGL (for MinGW32 libraries you add -lopengl32 -lglu32 to the command line) and a part of the Win32 API (-lgdi32) that appears to be not being linked.

umm...how do you do that?!
I''m assuming you''re using dev-c++ here cause you seem confused by the command line.

Go to something like project->linker options(it''s something like that) and in the extra libarys textbox put -lopengl32 -lglu32 oh and make sure you started a windows project. If you aren''t using dev-c++ post back with the compiler you are using
In Dev-C++ you can go to the project options (I think you can press alt+p to get there) and there is a text box somewhere for you to add options for when it calls the linker. The -l switch tells it you want to link to a library, and you follow it with it''s name, so you will put -lopengl32 and -lglu32 in that box.

While you''re there, you might want to add -Wall to the compiler options. (it''s case sensitive!) This will cause the compiler to tell you when you do stupid things, like statements that do nothing, writing if(a=4), declaring variables and not using them, not initializing variables, and other odd things like that that tend to make people scream.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
quote:Original post by Monder
just put

#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4

at the top of your code and everything should work fine

You should probably use

#ifndef CDS_FULLSCREEN
#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4
#endif

so it works for people who don''t have buggy headers.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement