• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Floru

3d studio max r3 & .x file plugin

This topic is 6940 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! Has anyone used the plugin for 3d studio max which exports objects to a .x file? I''ve tried export something as simple as a cube. Well it worked fine I even checked the file and everything seemed to be in order. But then when I tried to load it to the Direct3dRM''s X-File loader it crashed... I tried different settings and in best case I got a black screen... But nothing visible. Perhaps my objects are too big or too small??? What size should they be? What should I select? And what settings should I use when I want save a object and of course with normal vertex + materials + textures?? Or is the plugin working at all (I got it from 3dsmax site)? And then just one question more... How do I add textures for objects in 3d studio max? I just got it yesterday... Thanks Floru

Advertisement
No problems here. Except, the xfile plug in reverses either the x or z or could be x and z coordinates. I can''t figure it out. If you have the dx7sdk then try to load it with the d3dim xfile loader.

Guest Anonymous Poster
That .x file exporter plugin freeware I think don''t work that well. I used it to convert some stuff and none works properly. The conv3ds utility works great for me though

I''ve used it, and I''ve managed to get a complex model out with no troubles (with the exception of the swapped x and z axis). But on some objects (not all) it just refused to load (basically told me it was a bad x file). I was thinking perhaps it was the texture type or size or just the information inside the texture, but I guess not.

----
Windows and Unix suck, I''m going back to CP/M.

Tape_Worm

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!