college

Started by
4 comments, last by hibiki_konzaki 21 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knew any good 4 year game programming, game design, or even any good colleges that offer comp. sci. courses on the east coast. I''ve looked into DigiPen and Full Sail, but I live in Tennessee and DigiPejn is too far away and Full Sail is only 2 years. I still have a year or two to think about it, but I thought I''d go ahead and ask. Thanks Hibiki Wheres the any key?
find your element at mutedfaith.com. <º>
HibikiWheres the any key?www.geocities.com/dragongames123/home.html
find your elementat mutedfaith.com.<º>
Advertisement
Check out the college section in the Articles and Resources page, is has a list of colleges that offer courses dealing with game programming and or design. One is Georgia Institute of Technology. I''ve looked into it and it seems to have a good comp sci program and has one or two courses dealing with game programming. I just applied for admission there last month and if I get in, I''m definately going there.

If you are only looking for a 4 yr university, you aren''t going to find one with tons of focus on games. They might offer a couple courses and thats about it. This is just my conclusion from looking at lots of colleges recently. For a deep focus on games, you might have to look at more technical or special schools like Full Sail and Digipen.
Full Sail is a great college for everything BUT game development. All their facilities are like huge for everything, but the ones for game design are rather bland and lacking big time. Its probably the least important one of the degrees they offer there. I wouldn''t recommend Full Sail for a game development degree.
- torquel
quote:Original post by torquel
Full Sail is a great college for everything BUT game development. All their facilities are like huge for everything, but the ones for game design are rather bland and lacking big time. Its probably the least important one of the degrees they offer there. I wouldn''t recommend Full Sail for a game development degree.

You don''t really need the facilities for "programming". You need your laptop and your books. Which full sail provides as well as the teachers, like minded peers, and the incentives to actually complete a project. I suggest if your going to comment on a school or program you should have spent some time researching, sitting in on classes, and talking to grads who have both been successful and those who have not. Educated opinions are welcome, unresearched opinions are flames waiting to happen.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Marist: marist.edu

I''ve been to many a seminars there and from their Computer people...nice stuff. They''ve also got a lot of ties with IBM.
Sup guys?
If you want to learn game programming I dont see why you''d want to learn in a 4 year college... By the time you graduate techniques and such that you have learned are already old.

Just my two cents
---
ConPong _//_ Google _//_ Chaos Forge - quick and easy file hosting for developers

"Games usually keep me from making my own..."
-Me
---

find your elementat mutedfaith.com.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement