Simple Source Code?

Started by
7 comments, last by theSparko 21 years, 5 months ago
I just want to look at the source code for a simple game like Pong or Tetris. It is simply for learning. If anyone would like to post something that they''ve recently done, that would be great! Thanks, the§parko We are what we repeatedly do. Success in life is not an act, but a habit.
We are what we repeatedly do. Success in life is not an act, but a habit.
Advertisement
Someone beat you to the thought:

quote:said Aristotle,
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then,
is not an act, but a habit.

Here're a few links for your perusal:
*GPG, by Ironblayde. Tutorial series on Win32 programming and DirectDraw.
*Start here, generic suggestions, maybe something of worth.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...GameTutorials.com has a few DOS-based game tuts...

Oh, yeah. You asked for Tetris? You want Tetris? Here's Tetris, pouya-style
Due to the fact that the forums are gay, this code had to be removed.Please Google for pouya tetris 30or view the thread "113 Lines" here on the forums for more info. 

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[edited by - zealouselixir on November 5, 2002 10:51:12 PM]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Check this out: <a href="http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=33">Hands on Interactive Game Development</a>
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Check this out: Hands on Interactive Game Development

this aint too bad. made it for a friend. you can use the directx.h, dont be too worried about whats in the .cpp

http://www.uslink.net/~jed/pong.zip
Thank you to all who''ve replied so very quickly. I was checking out the pouya code, I couldn''t resist, and I can''t compile it cause it''s missing the link for timeGetTime. What library do I need to include to make it work? And does it come standard with VC++?

-the§parko-

timeGetTime is in winmm.lib
and yes, its part of what comes with msvc
quote:Original post by theSparko
Thank you to all who''ve replied so very quickly. I was checking out the pouya code, I couldn''t resist, and I can''t compile it cause it''s missing the link for timeGetTime. What library do I need to include to make it work? And does it come standard with VC++?
Refer to Pouya''s tetris tutorial - it explains that step.
If you wish to learn, in my opinion, looking at other peoples source code isn''t the best. Sometimes, I get confused with peoples error handling and etc.

But hey, that''s just me...
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement