Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSorcerer

Alter ASCII table

Hi, I want to change the ASCII table within my program. So ASCII code 49 is normaly ''1'', but I want to change it. I''m tired of ''googling'', so if any one can help I''d be very happy. Tha Sorcerer

There is no way to do this that is not very very complex, very very inefficient, and overall a Very Very Bad Thing.

Why do you want to do this? there are better ways.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

Ascii table? Are you talking about a text based app? Are you talking about the images used to represent each character? Under a Win32 console app this is not possible (use unicode), under DOS you can replace the current graphics by using a function Interrupt 10 (or do it manually, but it''s much harder): Link

This post qualifies for 100 per cent Canadian Content under the rulings of the Canadian Internet Commission and the Federal Ministry of Communication. There are four Americans who worked on this post, but they all have landed immigrant status, and have signed CRTC affidavits swearing that they drink beer, eat back bacon, drive snowmobiles and wear toques. Any resemblance between the Content of this post and the content of any American post is purely coincidental and not the intention of the poster or the various Internet Agencies of the Canadian Government who have screened these posts prior to bulk erasing in accordance with the policies of the Federal Internet Identity Board.