Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Light Methods

This topic is 5518 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey all, i went all out and developed a lighting system for my isometric engine, it does per pixel lighting and the whole bit, very good quality, but as you may have guessed it is extreamly expensive in computation. i though i would ask what other use for lighting in thier isometric games, the lighting is used for actualy ilumination of objects and for obscuring parts of the map, think of being in pitch black dark with a flashlight, here is a screen shot screenshot the screenshot shows a directional spotlight, i wouldnt mind a slight degrade in quality, for a faster computation, and im just curious as to what everyone uses. so all input is apreciated :-) thanks Raymond Jacobs, Profesional Web Applications Developer, Weekend Game Developer, www.EtherealDarkness.com

Could you use a 2d poly(triangle) with a gradient texture that is multiplyed by the background? Posibly a model with higher levels of transparency on the edge polygons(that way you wouldn''t have to texture).
Klaus