• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soulnafein

C++ and C#

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yes, C++ and C#(CSharp) are slightly different languages. I don't know much about CSharp though, but I hear from others that it's pretty good...though I don't think it's as good as C++ when it comes to game designing.

[edited by - Apocalypse_Demon on November 6, 2002 4:48:54 PM]

This may sound bold, but stick with C++. Look around the forums and see why.

Peace out,
Mathematix.
Q3A + UT1999 = UT2003
therefore UT2003 - Q3A = UT1999
and UT2003 - UT1999 = Q3A!

Yes, they''re two different languages. They share similar syntax, but they''re used for different purposes.

C# is a .NET language, and is used for .NET programming. If you want to build Windows applications with ease, I''d suggest learning this langauge.

C++ lacks many of the new features in C# (garbage collection, interfaces, etc.), but is typically faster for game programming. If you plan on doing more game programming, learn this language.

Having programmed in both, I can say that C# is conceptually more similar to Java than it is to C++. If you program well in Java and in C++, then picking up C# is a breeze. Also, if you''re used to doing Windows Apps using the Win32 API or MFC, using C# and .NET will make your life much easier.

Hopes this helps.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!