Need a ASM Book for Game Optimisation

Started by
6 comments, last by DoChEx 21 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I’m looking for some good books on game related ASM optimisation. Do you guys know any worth there wait in gold??? Cheers!
Advertisement
Introduction to Programming in Assembly Language (IBM PC) by George Driver is a good book. In my mind, optimisation is more about organization and simplicity. The more complex you get, the more you have to think and the harder the processor has to work.

Maybe what I should have said might have been is, are there any books on MMX, 3D NOW! and the newer versions. For should I just download the CPU specs off the web?
I would expect AMD has a developer section on their website. Have a look there.

Peace out,
Mathematix.
Q3A + UT1999 = UT2003
therefore UT2003 - Q3A = UT1999
and UT2003 - UT1999 = Q3A!
I have download all the information I could from here. But was really wondering if there is a book available on the whole concpt of MMX style optimization. I have some of the Michael Abrash''s books (Zen). I was hoping there might be a more uptodate version covering ASM and MMX optimization.

I don''t want to spend a lot for time reinventing the wheel if I don''t have to. I''m doing this in my spair time, and don''t want to wast it by read documents that are not related to games.
Search on internet for Michael Abrash Graphics Programming Black Book. It contains all the stuff in his Zen books plus some extra goodies. The material covered is old but it´s all about hardcore assembly language optimisation for graphics and download is free.
I''d just like to make sure everyone knows that it is completely free to get it online. Abrash offered it.
Sup guys?
Cool, I''ve found a copy. Any more of this good stuff going for FREE???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement