HOw to start!

Started by
4 comments, last by Haris 21 years, 5 months ago
What do I need to start learning, buying, etc to start learning game development. Which softwares, books, etc do I need. And which one is used for game development? C or C++ or what? Thanks
Advertisement
You''ll probably want to have a look at the links on this page, especially the first two or three.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Visual C++ 6.0 is very good, however very expensive. I bought a copy for $300!!! However, DevC++ is free and I have heard a lot of good comments about it.
In terms of books and other software, books are great. Most assume you know nothing about what the books topic is, whereas tutorials require some general knowledge.
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL
I've never looked at that page before, for good reason - but I just did out of curiosity, and noticed - there's nothing there anywhere remotely representing OpenGL. Does this present an imbalanced picture to newcomers? For newcomers I'd recommend the OpenGL Redbook (freely available of course... free = good doesn't it?), and perhaps Hawkins and Astle's "OpenGL GameProgramming" - that should provide more than enough information to help the novice programmer make a decision.

Good god I've edited this two times, time for bed.

[edited by - Xori on November 7, 2002 4:41:24 AM]
LOL! Im a dumb Kid, LOL!!!

[edited by - firahs on November 7, 2002 7:35:08 PM]
You''re not dumb Furion, maybe you just didnt read the FAQ where it says you''re not supposed to talk about warez...dont be so hard on yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement