• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smokey97

Loading & Saving

This topic is 5731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i recently read Lesson 10 and it interested me.. ALOT. so i was woundering if any of you knew any tutorials on a more Advanced way of saving?? eg so i can include which object has alpha blending what where the lights are, and all the gory details Thnx Smokey97

Advertisement
I too have been doing some devoliping based on lession 10.

I turned on back face culling and added more textures.
I am part way through getting collision detection going.
changed the texture loading to work with TGA''s and this removes the need for glaux.lib

the world file now looks a bit like this:

0 0 0 0 0
100 0 100 10 10
100 0 0 10 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 100 0 10
100 0 100 10 10

this is much the same as in lession 10 but has one number to show which texture to use for a given poly.

alpha textures is showen in later lessions 32?

I have added mouse look, time based movement so you move at the same speed at any frame rate.

I was thinking abotu having another file for position of objects. format will be something like x,y,z,objectnumber.

then a file for each object.

light in another file.

at some time once i have it all working i will look at putting all this into one file (comprssed?)

the end result will be a very basic 3D engine (I hope)

all I need now I sound, guns, other players..........

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!