DirectX SDK Setup

Started by
4 comments, last by Gnome Programmer 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I''m having trouble with DirectX I think my problem is with the implementation of the Libraries. Could someone clarify this or give a link to a useful site with step by step details. I am using Visual C++.NET with the DirectX 8.1b SDK. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I dont not sure I understand your question, because your topic asks setting up directX but implementation questions are in the body. I only have suggestions for the first of the two. Here goes:

I am thinking of setting it up also. I''ve never wrote any programs w/directx but I would think that the readme/help files would be helpful to configure? If you''re having compiler errors maybe you need to add setup of directx files to your

TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> DIRECTORIES (tab)

This is where you can specify your "INCLUDES"
and your "LIBS"
as well as any special exceutables "EXE"

note: This is from VC++ 6.0

Hope it helps?
I found my problem, but can only find VC++ 6 material. I need to "link" the librarys. anyone know which menu path?
Similar to VC6. I don''t have .net installed at the moment, but what you want to do is find your project settings and find the link section in there. This should also be in the .net docs.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
In each project you make, you need to include the DirectX libraries. You can do this via either Project settings, or type:
#pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib")
Where you can replace ddraw.lib with any other library.
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL
Thanks for the replys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement