Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DInput and the Registry...

This topic is 5513 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greets all, First gdn post, love the site, loads of useful info. With a little help from some of the excellent gdn articles, I found it quite simple to build a basic DirectInput wrapper class for my apps (using Visual C++6 fwiw) I noticed this tip in Microsoft''s docs: "Avoiding Duplicate Registry Keys" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000410 I won''t go into details, the MSDN page tells all, but I''m not clear on how to actually deploy that AppldFlag value. ("If AppldFlag is set to 3, all builds of applications with the same file name will use the same key.") Should I add this value to the registry? In which key? I tried creating a new binary value, named "AppldFlag" with value 03 in my application''s own registry key, and also in DirectInput''s key, but still I''m finding a new registry key created for my app each time its compiled. I''m not really an expert on working with the registry, can someone shed some light on how to deploy this new flag? TIA, and apologies if this has been covered before - I did spend a while trawling the forum / articles and couldn''t find any mention of the issue... The Chief - - ChiefWiggum, UK