• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basiror

Please have a look at my engine

This topic is 5705 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://www.planethalflife.com/borderline/members/basiror/bas3d.zip -supports texturing -sky box -mipmapping -quake style steering code planed: -lightmaps -collision detection once i have found out the porting issue from lefthanded to righthanded coordinate system - bsp or octree for visibility calculation what do you think?

Advertisement
Hello,

I have a project that is about just as far along as you are, but I do not yet have bsp loading in mine. Here are some standard stats from running your demo:

FPS: ~17 windowed, ~21 fullscreen
CPU: PIII 1Ghz
RAM: 256MB
Video Card: TNT2 Pro

Definitely get some culling algorithm(s) in there. I imagine it''ll help your performance quite a bit. Lighting would be nice, too Keep up the good work!

Happy Coding,

Mandesean

thx

the problem is that i have to port the mesh from worldcraft to ogl coordinate system
that means
switch y and z coordinates and then negate the z component

thats damn confusing but i hope i figure it out sooner or later

btw thats not bsp yet as you can see i render complete brushes

didn t advance my compiler to perform CSG

[edited by - Basiror on November 7, 2002 12:07:48 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!