• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xeno

Ai Engine?

This topic is 6931 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well, all of u talking on game engine and graphics engine that u are doing , but is there somebody who doing something like AI engine, its sounds very cool. if there is one, i really want to know how u doing it. Posted By Xeno. Kobe Bryant- "Just believe in yourself"

Advertisement
Are you asking how to make an AI work? Are you asking how to make an AI react to other sprites on in the game?

No I think its pretty obvious he''s asking if anyone is programming an AI engine and if so how they are doing it.

I guess I don''t know what an "AI engine" is then *shrug*.

I''m really new talking to people about programming. I don''t know all the terms people use related to programming. I''m mostly a programming book worm, and I''ve had 4 years hands on experience programming in c/c++. Most of the game ideas I use now I learned on my own before I ever read about them, so I kinda came up with my own naming conventions.

I was just about to start on one for a 3-d game i am working on. I have also done some work in the past on ai learning and also "talking" (natural language processing and conversations). Fun stuff it all is, i think.

<(o)>

Guest Anonymous Poster
Im willing to bet the question comes from somebody who has never actually written any code to do with AI. What he''s basically asking about is a system that somehow abstracts behaiviour aspects from everything else, and not just that, but in stand alone, liscensable "Engine" form.

I believe the answer is no, noone has ever done that before - and I cringe at the thought of trying to do it

PS: Read between the spelling mistakes ( 2am )

I''ve made one AI, and I find them fun to make. I was planning on it to have multiple personalities determined by his level of health, then I decided not to because it was only an Asteroids game. It was good practice though.

I have worked with the whole multiple personnality thing. I found it is relatively easy to implement, and you don''t even really need to hard code a lot of it, let the game determine each individual ai''s mental state based on stuff life, health, ammo remaining, proximity to enemy, proximity to friends and support, visiblity (can it clearly say the player, can the player see it, etc). It is suprising how much variance you can get with a relatively simple model

<(o)>

I''ve thought of a AI engine, but not done it sofar.
(I''ve a 2d/3d to get working actually)

However there are some AI engine sold by professionnal, so it''s possible to make one.

One of them (the most adavanced I know) is DirectAI, made by a frensh firm.

-* Sounds, music and story makes the difference between good and great games *-

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!