Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

system logger

This topic is 5518 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know of a program that can log all the calls made by running processes to windows? I ask this because I have an annoying ad that pops up on my computer when I''m on the net somtimes and it is not a web page or anything like that it is an actuall message box but when I check it out it has no owner or anything. I would like to see what program I have that is bringing this ad up. It is a stupid message box with the tile bar Messenger Service and says it is a message from WEBPOPUP but I have no such messanger service (actually this time none of my messaging programs were running) I only had IE running and it was on MSDN so I would like to know what process called it seeing as I have no viruses on my system (well that Norton knows of anyway) Well thanks for the help.

And to answer your question, check out API Monitor.

It took me a while to get it running properly for a single process, but it''s pretty slick, and it''s free. Just be aware that capturing all API calls, with no filtering, will snag you 10s of thousands of log entries in a few seconds, so use it wisely.

Thanks alot the spammer link was exactly what it was. I had the university diplomas thing that was reported on the link so I dissabled messanger. I hope this works, thanks for the link to the api monitoring thing too I hope I don''t need it now though (looking through a 2+meg text file of a log isn''t my idea of fun :D especially since this message has at lest 100 api calls in it :D)

-Thanks