teenage alien character design

Started by
6 comments, last by sunandshadow 21 years, 5 months ago
This is Fallon, a teenager of my story universe''s dominant alien race the Whilyu. Fallon has a ''cute'' personality - is nice to small fluffy animals, likes fashion, writes poetry, etc. Any suggestions for Fallon''s character design? What colors should Fallon be? What gender does Fallon appear to be and why do you think so? Any other comments/criticism are welcome!

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
Frankly, I like it how it is design wise. It looks like a cute happy-go-lucky character. I think the main skin should be a darkish-brown to greyish color, with a bright colored hair, like a yellow or something similiar. She appears to be a girl to me, it is something about the way her eyes are shaped, but on further look, she could also be one of those girlish looking boys that are all the rage in anime.
"...."
red and rice-white!
Awesome

As far as gender, I''m sure color could easily sway it either way. Fallon definitely seems to be a male name, or to me at least.

If Fallon is the "main character" - why not leave the gender be ambiguous? Its been done before, or at least, kind of (FFV... forget the chicks name, but the character was ambiguous. Starts out male, later you find out its female. For some reason I think the characters name was similar to Fallon... oh yea, Farris hah hah. Mebbe... Don''t know, been a while since I''ve played it).

As far as the color goes, I definitely see purple wings. Definitely neutral colored skin... and I''d probably have the hair be more than one color. If it was me, I''d probably have the skin be a nuetral tan accented with white, purple wings, and off white leaning yellow and purple hair. Since the lower part of the character almost resembles a fawn, I''d avoid a dark brown unless you want it to look like a furry animal Dark black eyes would be great too... add a touch of mystery.

Also, interesting name... Fallon, kind of eludes to "Fallen Falcon"

Also, if the character likes fashion... how about some clothing or at least some more "jewelry" (ie wrist bands, rings, some "bling bling" (lol), maybe even a piercing on one of the wings? Of course, don''t over do it)

Also, on the tail, making it deep purple gradiating into a red would be interesting (so the tail would be more noticeable... tails tend to be lost sometimes)

If your choice of purple is a hotter purple, some nice cold green accents would be nice too. If its a colder purple, mebbe some yellow. Not the greatest choice though, with yellow being a complement... would really muddy up the character. I wouldn''t over use any red though - remember, its a "Happy" character.

Okay, thats enough babble and enough horrible revisted memories of color theory class lol.

Good luck and great job!
- T. Wade Murphy
Kandolo - Actually in the story Fallon is a hermaphrodite, which I guess you could consider to mean hir gender is permanantly ambiguous. I asked what gender prople thought sie was because I wanted to make sure sie looked androgynous enough.

For clothing and jewelry, yes sie will certainly get some clothing after I design it. Um, I trying to picture how exactly one could pierce a wing - where would you put the piercing? a light purple is one of the colors I''ve been considering - I was thinking it would go with cream and mint green, but a darker purple and gold would also look very nice - hmm. I have to look through my pens and see what colors I actually have, as I''m going to be using pens to do the coloring for Fallon''s manga.

Oh, and Fallon is not actually the main character... you know, now that I think about it I''m not really sure who the main character is. It might be Merru, because she''s the only human central character, or it might be Attranath because he''s the center of all the emotional angst in the story... they''re really both the main characters, though Attranath is just a bit more central, I guess.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

oh, you might like to see who I''m talking about... (smacks forehead)

Here. Sorry, nobody has any clothes, I haven''t let them out to shop yet.

Wing piercing? Easy. Well, I imagined one on the far right tip of the wing... I mean, people pierce anything, why not wings?

Definitely a hoop, btw.
- T. Wade Murphy
Well, here''s a coloring attempt, with wing-piercing added. I''m still not happy with these colors though, they''re not creamy and light enough... I think I have to pick up a lighter-colored set of drawing pens. (that''s what I''m using, colored pens)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement