Win32 and DirectX, the pure C++ way?

Started by
3 comments, last by Isowave 23 years, 12 months ago
I know how to set up a window and do direct draw stuff in win32 using purely C language. Is there not a purely C++ way to do it? I''m sure there are, because you can use directx with MFC, but I just don''t know how. I don''t want to use MFC because it is basically useless for anything other than windowed applications. I just don''t know where to find a site, or a book that covers this... all the stuff I have does it the same ol''way, and I''d like to implement classes instead of structs... Anyone know where I can find this type of thing?
Advertisement
I''m not quite sure what you mean but I think I have something similar to what your talking about. It''s a directX wrapper that uses classes, mail me if you would like the source code.
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Of course there''s a "pure C++ way": Create your own classes which handle all you need in your application like the Microsoft programmers did it for windowed applications when they coded MFC.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
That''s the way I did it... sort of.
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
I understand... I think the main thing that gets me in programming is the lack of doing... I can understand concepts easily, but when I go to do them it seems like I don''t know how... but deep down I really do. Is it beneficial to use classes for directx, and win32? does it make things easier later on?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement