Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash game developer

This topic is 5504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Joined this forum to get information about games development. got disappointed and was about to leave this mailing list, but just thru this introduction phase, i found a person who uses flash for games development. So again, postponed the decision to leave the list in hope of getting sth from member. I personally request to Robert Jendrisak about his work experience in Flash. Shailendra

I''m sure you will find a number of us Flashers here on gamedev.net.

I personally have written a number of Flash titles and think it''s great for web based games. Although I''d love to get enough cash to bring Director home.

borngamer

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi borngamer,

Didn''t get this:
>>Although I''d love to get enough cash to bring Director home.

does it mean, wanna make money for helping forum members...

please, make it clear.

I have been interested in making FLASH movies as a hobby. What does it require to get started?

PS. I don''t really want to buy anything because I am 17 and unemployed and I dont have money o r a c a r or any
b e - a a t c h e z because i''m a n t i - s o c i a l and I dont have a car...

but I am literate in like 8+ proggin languages so thats the important thing right?

- Twisted Matrix

Hi all,

What happened? No more inputs on this thread?

Has anybody no idea about gaming in Flash?

I hope somebody should be in forum administration team to help me out.

Shailendra

U r right borngamer,

I didn''t define my problem. Let me do that:

I''v seen a lot of games in flash and director, but found very few cricket games.

I want to develop a cricket game in Flash. But for that i need to understand Physics and Maths. I''ve read tutorials on bit-101.com. But i want actual feeling of cricket game, i mean when bowler throws a ball, it should come with pace and should bounce. Other than this shadow of the ball moves accordingly. Ball played by player and so on. I''ve created a prototype, but not satisfied. Where can i get resources to learn these things to implement in my game.

Working in Flash 5.

Any help would be appreciated

Bye
Shailendra

One more thing.

I''ve got now registered copy of Director 8.5 So now onwards, i won''t use trial version anymore.

I already have Flash 5 (not Flash MX). So please if any of forum member give a suggestion should be based on Flash 5.

Best wishes,
Shailendra

It sounds like you want to hear more than is suitable for a simple response. I would suggest that you look at some good game development books for the physics side of things.

As far as Flash goes, Friend''s of Ed publish a number of good Flash books including a great one on game development.

If you are pretty green at Flash, flashkit.com offers some great tutorials on many aspects of Flash.

borngamer

Guest Anonymous Poster
i''ve been into action script for some time now... but i''ve only started programming games a couple of weeks ago....
i can''t think of a way to simulate gravity!!!
here''s a demo of the controlls of a game i''ve been working on:

http://www.geocities.com/antigatez/motion-test.html

i''ve been into action script for some time now... but i''ve only started programming games a couple of weeks ago....