• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esap1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

This topic is 6939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

No one even posted last time I asked, did anyone even read this? Heres the question! I got a simple Maxscript and it exports the vers, indices and all I need EXEPT WHAT TEXTURE/MATERIAL or whatever you call it for each poly. I need away to know which polygons use which textures. Ill end up writing my own texture file format and such, but I need away in MAXSCRIPT to export the texture for a poly. I sure Hope Someone OUT THERE KNOWS, if you do, PLEASE POST, thank you a lot in advance.

Advertisement
not me, but why don''t you try the xfile exporter for 3D Studio max? For ver 3 and 2. It is at www.effectware.com. It is great!!.... oh wait... you have to mirror the x or the z coordinate and rotate the x by 90 degrees. Other than that it is good. I think that is the closest to your answer. Also, try the art mb.

I have a X file Exporter, but I dont want to write a function to parse something complicated, that was the reason I wanted to write my own, and for other needs, I know there are Helper funcitons to load X files, Ive used them, there crap, the Render function sooooo slow, and I hate trying to get the vertices out of there Specific Class, which I cannot access the variables directly, ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?

Guest Anonymous Poster
"HELLO??? SOMEONE??? please write all my code for me!!"

I don''t know how to help you but I would suggest a more normal topic. Some people that might be able to asnwer you could be skipping the post since the topic doesn''t give them a clue of what you want.

shouting PLEASE PLEASE... doesn''t really attaract people

Guest Anonymous Poster
To the above Tek(something or other)from Slovania (ha-ha)

Obviously Please,please etc. got YOU to answer him, where I didn''t see you posting when he posted earlier under Maxscript. Also to the other anon. poster: This guy just needs 1 line of Maxscript. (Unfortunately I can''t help) I''ve seen many of his other postings he''s never asked anyone to write all code for him. Perhaps this is something You really need.

I agree with the last post, Also, Does anyone here know any MAXSCRIPT at all, or atleast a tutorial on writing export scripts or just a list of commands, or something(maybe a book?). Thanks.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!