Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] java applet on microsoft internet explorer?

This topic is 5515 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a really wierd problem. I cannot get applets to work in an internet explorer. the applet shows up but it is a blank grey rectangle. here is my code.... import java.applet.*; import java.awt.*; /* * file name is world.java for source world.class for compiled * file. * * The HelloWorld class implements an applet that * simply displays "Hello World!". */ public class world extends Applet { public void paint(Graphics g) { g.drawString("Hello world!", 50, 25); // Display "Hello world!" } } and my html file looks like this(i only put endmarkers(>) so that it would show here) HTML> HEAD> TITLE>The Hello World Applett TITLE BODY> APPLET height=480 width=640 code="./world.class"> /APPLET> /BODY> /HTML> [edited by - phillk6751 on November 8, 2002 4:14:31 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
It sounds like you may be compiling with J2SDK 1.4 but trying to run on JRE 1.1, which requires that you use the -target 1.1 command line option when you compile (ie "javac -target 1.1 HelloWorldApplet.java" etc.)

Installing the J2SDK or Java Plugin on this computer will also solve the problem