Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Compile with BCC5.5

This topic is 5516 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I compile a OpenGL app with BCC5.5? I''m new with c/c++ even if i know delphi/pascal, but i really dont get how i compile other stuff the console apps with bcc!

assuming you''re using the commandline compiler...

To compile a console app:
bcc32 ...

To compile a windows app:
bcc32 -W ...

To compile with libraries:
bcc32 ...

To compile with libraries when the library directory is not pathed:
bcc32 -L"C:\somewhere\directory" ...

Hope this helps, if not can you give some more specific examples of what your having problems with?

Enigma

Guest Anonymous Poster
like you would any other program

it doesn''t have to be a windowed program, if it''s a console it''ll open up two windows, a console and another window where everything gets drawn-I think

do you know how to create an opengl context under windows?

seek out the almighty nehe tuts

Have you bothered to read the documentation?
OpenGL functions are in a library(.lib file) just like everything else(look in the /lib folder). If for some reason you are missing the library for opengl, find opengl32.dll or whatever your system uses to draw opengl stuff, then run implib on it to create a library

First thing first i''d suggest you get mesaGL, and the most recent version. Next, get VIDE or another good frontend for BCC, then just add it in the linking options. Now, if you''re having problems creating a window, look into a little win32, learn how to create a window, and understand how the message pump works, and thats all you''l need to know about win32 to create a game. If ya need anymore help, just blast it out here, and i''ll see if i can help ya out...