C# changes

Started by
15 comments, last by Arild Fines 21 years, 5 months ago
If you were talking about the post I made saying it would be about $30 (USD) then yes it will be cheap... The thing is that this will only be for a limited time right when the upgrade comes out (I don''t know for how long) The thing is that the upgrade will only be $30 for people that allready have VS.NET They haven''t released anything else like what versions will be allowed this price or anything else.
Advertisement
Yeah, that was probably the one. I''ve already got VS.NET (though it''s the academic version). Here''s hoping...

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.
quote:Original post by djkno3
partial types has to deal with partially accepted code. Which means that the security access of the program running isn't really trusted. So if you have a program running from a web application and it trys to call a method from a shared libary unless the library has a specification in it to allow "partial typing" then the program cannot call the method...

Actually, that is running code under partial trust , which is one of the security features built into the .NET frameworks, and is available now. This is a feature of the runtime, not of the language itself, so it's available to any of the .NET languages.

The new feature being added to C#, partial types, is the ability to seperate types (i.e. classes) across multiple source files.

[edited by - Alias2 on November 9, 2002 5:30:51 AM]
aww crap ok I thought partial typing was allready in the language...
More information here: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/Future/

God puts an apple tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden and says, do what you like guys, oh, but don''t eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha." It wouldn''t have made any difference if they hadn''t eaten it... because if you''re dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won''t give up. They''ll get you in the end. -- Douglas Adams
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Arild-
Excellent Link. That PPT demo really answered all my questions...I''m pretty excited about a 2.0 release.

Also, SQL Server Yukon is going to host the CLR...so (from what I''ve read) you''ll be able to code your SPROCS in C#, et al. Your DB layer could be hosted in the DB itself...obviously the details of implementation, maintainability, and versioning will really determine the feasability of this...but even "just" being able to write complex SPROCS in C# rather than SQL will be a huge advance.

Epolevne
just wanted to post another article on the C# and C++ changes in the upcomming versions (and also explains annon methods).
http://www.devx.com/cplus/Article/9937

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement