OS writing

Started by
11 comments, last by RamboBones 21 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by RamboBones
The point is I seem to find programming MUCH more interesting than girls, who are so damn annoying.

Well try actually talking to them! Particularly about their interests, thoughts on various aspects of the community, society and world around them. They may not have fully developed their opinions, but they do have them - and aren''t asked enough what they think. Perhaps if they were told more about the insides of their heads than the outsides of their bodies (it starts with you) they''d make much more interesting companions.

They did (and do) for me.

quote:Besides the point of this post is for people to put up any help or information on OS building not on whether or not I should do it.

You shouldn''t do it now, if ever. We''re not even sure you''re a proficient programmer or have an understanding of all the fundamental concepts. I''ve been in your position before, but I went out and played basketball instead. Now I''m a pretty damn good programmer and know what to write, but more importantly what not to write!
Advertisement
Here you can obtain the instructional OS (actually its an OS "simulator" that runs on top of the native OS) we use to teach undergraduate OS students the "inards" of an operating system. Its called NACHOS and is used in several universities. All the code is available in either Java or C++, it has been ported to several platforms (though your best bet is to run it on a flavor of UNIX), and best of all its very well documented...

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/tom/nachos/

enjoy.
ks
______ ______/_____ /_____ ____ __/_/_ __/_/ /___/ _____ / ___ / ___ / / / / / / / / / / /_// / /_/_/ /_/_/ /_/ S(k)
quote:Original post by RamboBones
The point is I seem to find programming MUCH more interesting than girls, who are so damn annoying.

Then perhaps you need to learn something from The Onion's CyberCorner...
CyberCorner.

[edited by - SabreMan on November 11, 2002 10:52:49 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement