• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xeno

What was your first game?

This topic is 6941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

so what it was? my was 2D pong. Posted By Xeno. Kobe Bryant- "Just believe in yourself"

Advertisement
First game: A cool space invaders type clone. Quite fun to make (and to play) took me about 3 days. with C++ using the grahpics library from one of Andre''s books.

My first QBasic game was a battleship clone

My first Visual Basic game was laser pong(pong where you could shoot a laser at the ball to bounce it as well as bounce it with the paddle). The only other game I ever made in Visual Basic(games in visual basic, I can''t believe I was that stupid) was a RPG sortof like Rogue, except worse.

My first C++ game was a game like Rad Racer (You know, the track is just a bitmap,and, the lines move depending on how fast you''re going, and, if you''re on a curve, your car starts to move towards a side).. I made it using GDI (I hadn''t heard of DirectX yet, so sue me.... )

My first directX game was 2d pong as well.

Bunnies At War - A new wave in bunnydom! http://users.moscow.com/rikhowe/baw/bunny.html

first "real" game.. a 640x400 EGA maze type game on an 8086, or maybe it was a 286. could''ve been a PCjr. one of those. there were ten levels hardcoded into the program, and you ran around collecting stuff and avoiding the bad guys. i think i coded a text adventure type thing on a BASIC driven casio calculator type thing before that, but i might be wrong, this was like ten years ago.

-goltrpoat

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

Hmm... first game ever programmed? I made a really cheesy space-invaders knock-off when I was 12. It was in BASIC, and it used the standard BASIC graphics -- just lines, and sometimes a fill here or there. You moved a little triangle around the bottom of the screen, having to blast your line through the rectangles falling towards you. The game got progressively harder (faster falling, more at once) as you went along, it kept track of score in a seperate file, and it even had sound effects (a system beep here and there). Ah, those were the days.

while( strcmp(reply,flame) )
followThread();

random-nomad

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!