Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NuffSaid

[java] C++ to Java converters

I need to convert some of my C++ code to Java (the project is quite large), and I don''t fancy going through all the source and changing stuff by hand. I''m wondering if there are C++ to Java converters out there, as a search on Google returned C++ to HTML (!?!) converters only.

I think such a tool would be extremely hard to write. Most c++ semantics don''t map cleanly to Java.

God puts an apple tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden and says, do what you like guys, oh, but don''t eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha." It wouldn''t have made any difference if they hadn''t eaten it... because if you''re dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won''t give up. They''ll get you in the end. -- Douglas Adams

I suppose so, seeing as C++ allows you to use MI and templates. Still, my code doesn''t use MI, but it makes some use of templates. Time to do some manual coding. Ugh.