Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird problem!!

This topic is 5514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I amd eveloping my game on my laptop, which has an ATI radeon m6 16mb (no TL), crap yes I know but on my desktop pc I have no vc++ yet. So, ecerything works great on my ati, but when I try to run my program on any other pc (i tried it on 3-4, nvidia pcs btw.) my lighting wouldnt work and the FPS are generally lower tahn the laptop''s fps. When I say that lighting isnt working, GL_LIGHTING is enabled, I cans ee that, but the lights arent moving (i have set a random mopvement) and they arent colored. Anyone had this problem before? www.y3knetwork.com/rendertech <-here is my demo, I would be happy if someone could try it with an ATI card and told me if it works. Thanks a lot

Hi aker_jus,

I have an ATI Radeon 8500 and everything is going fine...
May be you problem is the laptop (or the software installed on it). Are the OpenGL-Drivers the same?

Kalle

It seems that it works on ATIs as I have tested on one more and it works. I have the latest detonators for win98 (desktop pc) and other pcs have the same problem. The laptop is ok, everything works fine. Nvidia isnt working. If I get vc++ on my desktop and compile from an nvidia card could it solve the problem?

I am not sure why this happens, as I am not using an ATI specific code.

sure. But the problem isnt the lighting, I dont know what it is.
[cpp]
glEnable(GL_LIGHTING);
float pos[] = {20,0,0};
float col[] = {1,0,0,1};

glLightfv(GL_LIGHT0, GL_POSITION, pos);
glLightfv(GL_LIGHT1, GL_DIFFUSE, col);

glEnable(GL_LIGHT0);
glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE);
[/cpp]
That''s it. I tried it one one more pair ATI/Nvidia and on the first one worked.