Rare 2D Artists!

Started by
3 comments, last by Royce 21 years, 5 months ago
Wherever I go there is not that many 2D Artists. Its slowly fading away. Right now I am currently in devlopment of a MMORPG and I have 2 artists. I have 2 coders as well. I have had good artists at times but then they get drawn away by playing games while we like to create them. I have been thinking about publishing the game itself. We are not that far but we're getting close to having Online Capablities between the Client and Server. One of the artists does mostly tilesets and object. He absolutly sucks at character sprites while I just found somebody to help out (or he found me ^_^) with character sprites. If I get enough artists, I will most likely publish the game. If I were to publish the game, I would split up the % profits quite a bit. Most of these games never get finished, thats the reason why not many people want to help out. Once we get online capabilities that might attract more people, but in the meantime I am looking for anyone who is interested in helping out with the tilesets or characters or possibly objects. Oh heh, the game is called Eternal Destiny Online. Pretty much it is Eternal Destiny until we are Online. You can view our site at www.eternaldestiny.net . Please excuse some of the broken links on the menu bar. I've spend well over $700 in the past few months on this project which includes the Vbulletin Forums License and a couple of other things... If anyone wants to help out then please email me at ShadDr2@aol.com or contact me on AIM at ShadDr3 . We would be open as freeware for a while till I am 100% I would publish the game. I have the money to, just that I dont want to publish something that will not profit. The Game Industry with 2D type games is hard to profit but if you know how to play your cards right, its a snap! So if your interested in helping out, then feel free to email me or sign up on the forums and Personal Message Me, or even AIM, I just AIM quite a bit. I wish you all well. Best Reguards, Royce [edited by - Royce on November 9, 2002 1:58:55 PM]
Advertisement
the reason why its so hard to find 2d artists that can create the quality of work that people are asking for these days is because A), if they draw/pixel that well, they are probably making a good living off of it, why do they need an ''on the side project''... B) as soon as you said MMORPG, you can just kiss your project good bye unless you have a huge, devoted team. There is so much work involved in all ends that it is just not realistic to be able to complete the project. if one aspect of the team fails, so does the game. As a 2d artist myself, i sometimes get bored on working on simple cell phone projects... often because the work involved is repetetive (this goes for any profession if you think about it)... but if you are a programmer or someone organizing this huge game project, and your trying to acquire experienced artists to help you with a ''sure thing'' or a ''great idea'' or whatever else you may have to offer, few, if any, are going to step to the plate and actually help out, especially in such a huge project. unfortunately, money talks, and thats probably the best way to lure your dream artist out of the shadows good luck though...
Yep and i''m one of the men with all the money .
in that case... how much you willing to pay? haha... thats all you hafta say... is that your willing to pay, and then all your artist troubles vanish mystically into the wind!
$$? WHERE? Want a sample of my work? :D

http://www.massassi.com/coffeestain/outside.jpg

[edited by - Deyja on November 11, 2002 8:31:17 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement