Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slow OGL application

This topic is 5516 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have created an OGL application, and it''s using ortho projection (2D). I find it odd that it''s so incredibly slow, I get an average of 25fps, and all i draw is a screen covered with 128x128 textures and a couple of sprites at 64x64. Games like Wolfenstein, SOF2, Warcraft 3 and other new games run fine, so it kind of bothers me that my simple program runs so damn slow! I draw using the glbegin(gl quads) and glvertex2f() and set texture coordinates (don''t use vertex buffers). Are there other ways that will make the program go *very* much faster? The computer is at 1100mhz, and I don''t think the ogl support is bad, the gfx card is an Intel 830 something (laptop). Thanks in advance for any help! -Trond

You''re not drawing a quad filling the ENTIRE screen at any point are you(it will totally kill your fillrate..)? And how often are you changing state in your program? Tried DL''s or VAR? Try them... it might work.