DOT3 Bumpmapping tutorial?

Started by
4 comments, last by Hobbiticus 21 years, 5 months ago
I''d like to so some DOT3 bump mapping in the game I''m working on, but I don''t know where to start. I looked at nVidia''s site for stuff, but all of their demos aren''t documented very well if at all, and there''s stuff in there I''ll never figure out. I would preferably like a tutorial that uses nVidia extentions rather than ATi because I have an nVidia card, and it''s kinda hard to test with ATi extensions
Legends Development Team
Advertisement
you can use GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, that works on both cards

you can rtfm''s.. there are tons of documents, papers on the nvidia and ati page documenting that stuff..

if you can multiply a texture with a lightmap with multitexturing, you''re just milimeters away from simple bumpmapping with a directional lightsource..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Ok, so how am I supposed to use that? Is that for glEnable() or glTexEnvi()? And, what is rtfm?
Legends Development Team
rtfm = Read The Friendly Manual

GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 is an OpenGL extension, if you look up this extension on the Nvidia/Ati websites, there are demo''s, and you can read the spec, I think it''s in the Opengl 1.3 pdf available at Opengl.org

Hope that helps.

----------------
Interesting quote deleted at request of owner
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner
It can also mean: "Read The F***ing Manual." Depends on the context and attitude of the post.
quote:Original post by Exellon
It can also mean: "Read The F***ing Manual." Depends on the context and attitude of the post.

Yeah, I was trying to keep a positive light to things.

----------------
Interesting quote deleted at request of owner
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement