ESD

Started by
2 comments, last by BradDaBug 21 years, 5 months ago
I was reading Programming Linux Games, and I got to the part about ESD, and it complained about how slow ESD was. Then it went and said it even accepts remote connections. So basically, it works like X? X doesn''t have serious latency problems like ESD does, so what''s ESD''s problem? Is anyone working to fix this?
I like the DARK layout!
Advertisement
Sadly enoughy, no, no one is working to fix the latency problem... at least, no one has stepped forward.

The last "News" posed at EsounD''s homepage was March 5, 2000. There hasn''t been any updates, releases, or the like.

There''s a bit more detail on the latency, and a replacement for ESD in the works at The Advanceed Sound Daemon homepage. It claims to have full ESD compliance.
Hmm, I just checked out that ASD thing, and it seems to be dead too. Its a shame. Linux REALLY needs something like that. Maybe I''ll try to learn more about this stuff and see if I can''t do something about it.

Well, I can at least TRY, can''t I?
I like the DARK layout!
OK, I just REALLY checked out that ASD thing, as in downloaded and compiled it.

So far it seems pretty cool! It''s not 100% what I want, but its lots better than ESD! Perhaps someone will pick up where the other guy apparently left off and continue the work.

I''m running it in the console though. How to i treat it like a demon and get it to run at startup?
I like the DARK layout!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement