Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aprill

windowed direct draw problem

I''m working on a simple ddraw program that draws a bitmap from a file in a windowed display. the image draws in the right place, but is a garbled mess(or not the image at all). I think the problem lies in the code below. The only thing i do outside this routine is standard windows stuff and initialization of the primary surface. I blt the ddbg surface, created below, to the primary surface in my winmain after displaying the window but before entering the message loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. HRESULT MakeDDSFromBmp(){ HBITMAP hbmp = NULL; BITMAP bmp; HRESULT hr; DDSURFACEDESC ddsd; HDC hdcbmp = NULL; HDC hdcdd = NULL; hbmp = (HBITMAP) LoadImage(NULL, "animate.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE|LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); if(hbmp == NULL) return E_FAIL; GetObject(hbmp, sizeof(bmp), &bmp); ZeroMemory(&ddsd, sizeof(ddsd)); ddsd.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd); ddsd.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS|DDSD_HEIGHT|DDSD_WIDTH; ddsd.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_OFFSCREENPLAIN; ddsd.dwWidth = bmp.bmWidth; ddsd.dwHeight = bmp.bmHeight; //ddobject is Global LPDIRECTDRAW //ddbg is Global LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE if(FAILED(hr = ddobject->CreateSurface(&ddsd, &ddbg, NULL))) return hr; if(FAILED(hr = ddbg->Restore())) return hr; if(FAILED(hr = ddbg->GetDC(&hdcdd))) return hr; hdcbmp = CreateCompatibleDC(hdcdd); if(hdcbmp = NULL) return E_FAIL; SelectObject(hdcbmp, hbmp); //StretchBlt(hdcdd, 0, 0, ddsd.dwWidth, ddsd.dwHeight, hdcbmp, 0, 0, bmp.bmWidth, //bmp.bmHeight, SRCCOPY); BitBlt(hdcdd, 0, 0, bmp.bmWidth, bmp.bmHeight, hdcbmp, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); ddbg->ReleaseDC(hdcdd); DeleteDC(hdcbmp); return S_OK; }

Please forgive my utter incompetence as a programmer. After re-tooling this code for several hours in several different ways I noticed that I was setting my device context to NULL in an if statement.... You can''t imagine my embarrassment. I''ve thoroughly slapped myself, and am preparing to copy and paste this lesson in humility on other the message boards where I hopefully haven''t wasted too much of anyone elses time.... Sincerest apologies